This is a government scheme which allows provides benefits to eligible children between 2-17years old, for a range of general dental treatment. The benefits are capped at $1000 over a two calendar year period.
Check-ups, radiographs, cleaning, fissure sealants, fillings, root canal treatment & extractions are all covered!
You will usually receive a letter from Medicare if your child is eligible for dental treatment under the CDBS. Children must:
- be between 2 and 17 years of age
- be eligible for Medicare, and
get one of the payments listed below for at least 1 day of the calendar year:
- Family Tax Benefit Part A
- Carer Payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Youth Allowance
- Financial assistance under the Veterans’ Children Education Scheme (VCES) if the child is 16 years or older, or
- Financial assistance under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme if the child is 16 or older
Not sure if your child is eligible? We can check for you! Just fill out the contact form below and one of our friendly staff members will be happy to check for you!