Your Invisalign Specialist in Gisborne
At Gisborne Family Dental, we have created many healthy and beautiful smiles using the world-renowned Invisalign system.
Do you want to improve your smile without wires or braces? Or maybe you have had braces in the past, and recently noticed your teeth are no longer as straight as they used to be.
For millions of people around the world, Invisalign has made it possible to achieve a beautiful smile without braces or wires, and we have chosen Invisalign as our trusted partner in providing clear aligner treatment.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system is a virtually invisible treatment that uses an innovative approach to gently, yet effectively, straighten your teeth.
Through a series of custom-made removable aligners made with unique technology, the Invisalign system gradually and predictably moves your teeth to your desired position.
How does Invisalign work?
- At your initial visit, we will have an obligation-free consultation, where we discuss your desired outcomes, and work out if Invisalign is the right treatment for you.
- We will then take photos, x-rays, and a digital scan (instead of messy gooey moulds) to gather all the information required to start planning your treatment.
- Our dentist will then work with the Invisalign team to create a tailored 3D treatment plan just for you. With the treatment plan, you’ll be able to see the final position your teeth are predicted to reach after treatment. This treatment plan is used to develop your customised Invisalign aligners and also estimate the likely length of your treatment.
- We will show you your treatment plan, discuss the features, and answer any questions you may have. Once you’ve approved the treatment plan, the aligners will be manufactured and shipped to our practice.
- Your series of custom-made aligners will be given to you (typically 2-3 sets at a time) for you to wear every day and change them at home every 2 weeks.
We will see you every 4-6 weeks to monitor the progress of your Invisalign treatment and you will receive the next series of aligners.
After you’ve finished your Invisalign aligner treatment, you will need to use retainers to help make sure the new position of your teeth is maintained.
Life with Invisalign treatment
- Seeing as Invisalign clear aligners are barely noticeable, you can be yourself and don’t have to hide your smile while going through treatment.
- Lead an active lifestyle? Invisalign treatment lets you continue wearing your aligners without having to worry about the sharp components of your braces irritating your mouth.
- Oral hygiene is a lot easier to upkeep because Invisalign clear aligners are removable, letting you brush and floss your teeth regularly and like normal.
- Craving a snack? No problem. Since Invisalign clear aligners are removable, you have the freedom to eat, chew and drink just about anything you like.
- Invisalign treatment appointments are usually short and sweet. We do a quick progress check every 4-6 weeks here at our Gisborne clinic making it easy and convenient for you.
The advantages of Invisalign over braces
- Invisalign aligners are removable, so it is easier to clean your teeth and maintain your oral health during treatment.
- The aligners are very discreet, so there’s no need to feel self-conscious as a lot of the time, the people around you won’t even know you are undergoing treatment
- With Invisalign clear aligners, you don’t have to worry about doing the sports you want to do. Invisalign treatment is a suitable treatment option for an active lifestyle.
- Are you deciding whether to straighten your teeth but feel worried about the discomfort? With innovative technologies, the Invisalign System is known to straighten your teeth predictably and more comfortably. No painful tightening required!